Who cares about People’s list of the most influential hollywood/entertainment stars, or Forbes list of the 100 wealthiest people. Both bow to the Fashionistas 50: The Most Influential People in New York Fashion list published today. These designers, editors, CEO’s, marketers and personalities are the chosen few who really decide what we Americans will look like (at least from an apparel standpoint) for the upcoming seasons. Sally Singer (T magazine) and Mickey Drexler (J.Crew) have always been two of my fashion gurus, so I double applaud them and welcome younger talent like Humberto and Carol from Opening Ceremony (the trendiest yet coolest boutique in NYC right now) and Alexa Chung (personality). Somehow I feel more confident in the ability of these 50 individuals to to help forge a productive future for the industry in which I work and live every day, than I do in the 535 Congressman who run our entire country.
- RT @trampish: Maryline Brunet 'The Human Condition' opening party! @sarahvanderwal @upmyali @epitomeofbeing [pic]: http://t.co/u8zTKia 6 years ago
- The Best of Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week F/W 2011 (Part 1): wp.me/pYAGU-cU 6 years ago
- Is @fashionindie right in its selection of The 10 Most Influential Fashion Writers? Yes and No. Read why here! wp.me/pYAGU-bq 6 years ago
- Russia to host 2018 World Cup: wp.me/pYAGU-8q 6 years ago
- Happy Thanksgiving my Twitter community :) This is what I am thankful for :) wp.me/pYAGU-85 7 years ago